Thursday, July 14, 2011

38 Weeks - Full Term!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of Baby W: Leek (about 19.75 inches & 6.8 lbs)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 23.5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity clothes, some normal tops & skirts
Gender: BOY!!! Wyndon James Wagner
Movement: He's been pretty active off & on all day; it seems like he is doing mostly rolling around with very few kicks/punches. He has definitely dropped and sometimes I feel like I can't sit up straight because it feels like I'm squishing something, lol
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach and sleeping through the night
Cravings: McDonald's French Fries, Pizza, Coke & Sno Cones
Wyatt's Cravings: None
Symptoms: Leg cramps at night; having to go to the bathroom more often; more difficulty sleeping/getting comfortable; indigestion; low back pain; getting out of breath easier; and my ankles (mostly my left one) have started swelling at the end of the day or when I get hot (yes, the list keeps getting longer!)
Best Moment This Week: Thinking that I might be going into labor Sunday night; a little disappointed that it wasn't, but was kinda exciting at the time.

We had our weekly appointment this morning. I was looking forward to finding out if any progress was happening. I had some pretty consistent contractions Sunday afternoon and evening and then again on Monday so I thought for sure something was going on. Well, she checked me this morning and nothing! Still closed... :( I know I'm not technically due for 2 weeks, but I was a little disappointed. I really wouldn't mind (and kinda want) to have him a little early, especially since I think he's going to be a pretty big baby. So, if anyone has any tips/tricks to get things started, I'd like to hear them :)

We had a very productive afternoon Sunday. We exchanged a duplicate gift for our baby monitor and picked out the outfit to bring Wyndon home in. Then we got our grocery shopping done, which also included some other items we needed to be ready for Wyndon. After we got home, we got to work trying to get things cleaned up and organized so that when our families come they'll actually be able to get in our house. I also got my hospital bag pack, minus all my last minute stuff, so that is a bit of a relief. Throughout the afternoon I started having some belly tightening/contractions. They weren't painful but some made me pause and walk a little slower. I started watching the time and noticed they were every 6 minutes. After we got home they started getting a little more frequent and a little longer - 4-6 minutes apart and 1-2 minutes in duration. I decided to call and see if I should go in to get checked. I called and the doctor on call wasn't my doctor. He called me back and after getting all my info he said I could come in to be checked and they'd give me something to stop labor if I was going into labor. I was a little shocked by that and didn't necessarily agree with it. So, I decided to stay home and let things progress if they were and wait as long as possible to go in. Well, they never got any closer, longer, or more intense so I just decided that I'd go to bed. If I happened to wake up in the middle of the night, then it'd just be that much more exciting/crazy, lol!

Monday afternoon and evening I started having some more of the contractions, but more kinda crampy feeling. Once again, it never really got more intense. Off and on since then I've had some contractions and stuff, but apparently those were all just Braxton Hicks since they didn't do anything. So, hopefully when I go back next week there will actually be something happening.

I told Wyatt that we really need to get the car seat installed in the car so it's ready to go when the time comes. His family got us our travel system, which has still been in the box in our garage. So, last night he pulled it all out. We got the stroller put together and learned how to operate everything. It was dark outside so I figured it'd be easier to do the car seat in the daylight. So I think we'll try to do that tonight maybe. I love the design that we picked out. We went with something gender neutral so we can use it again in the future. Here's a picture of it:
I feel like we are pretty much ready for Wyndon to get here. I'm sure I'll think of a few other things that need done, but I'm pretty sure the 'big' stuff is done.

Here's my mid-week/ 37 1/2 week photo:

I have a few days off work, so I plan to do some crafting while I have time and finish tying up any loose ends. I hope everyone has a great weekend!


Jessica said...

You are so close! :) I had Harbor at 38 weeks. : )

The Miller's said...

You are almost there girlie!! Those braxton hicks can be annoying. I think within the next week he'll be here tho! I went through the same thing with my second baby. I ended up going in twice with braxton hicks & then the third time was no doubt the time! You will know the difference for sure. :o)


Suz said...

I'm emailing you my tips! :)