Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Survived the Vampire! (30 Weeks)















Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 weeks
Size of Baby W: Cabbage (about 15.7 inches & 2.75 lbs)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 15 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Mostly normal tops & dresses; some maternity pants
Gender: BOY!!! Wyndon James Wagner
Movement: He's been pretty active off & on all day, but most active in the evenings & I can feel more of his movements, rather than just kicking
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: Mazzio's Calzone Ring, McDonald's French Fries, & Oreos
Wyatt's Cravings: None
Symptoms: Leg cramps at night; having to go to the bathroom more often; more difficulty sleeping/getting comfortable; indigestion; and getting out of breath easier
Best Moment This Week: Hearing his heartbeat at our appointment yesterday

We had a really good appointment yesterday. My doctor said everything was looking good & measuring perfectly. We got to hear his heartbeat again and she said he sounded great! He was actually moving around/kicking some and so she said we got to hear how his heartbeat accelerated - which showed good neurological development (or something like that). It was in the 160s. I had also asked about if we get another ultrasound and she said only if there is some medical reason they need to check something else out. I asked her how they knew what position the baby was in and how they knew how big he was. She said that from experience and listening to where they hear the heartbeat they can determine if the baby is head down or breech. She also said that they use the measurements they take each visit to track the growth of the baby to see how big he is. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks. I can't believe we only have 10 weeks left!

Now, for the title....   I went to do my glucose test yesterday morning before my appointment. I had to drink a really sugary orange drink and then after an hour, have my blood drawn. I have an extreme dislike for needles and prefer to never get a shot or have blood taken unless absolutely necessary. So, on my second appointment when they did a blood test, I had to visit the 'vampire' and then again yesterday. I almost passed out after the first one, but yesterday's went really quickly and I didn't have any lightheadedness (probably because of that sugary drink, lol!). Here is proof I was attacked by a 'vampire' & survived:

If you look really closely in the bend of my elbow, you can see where it's starting to bruise (it's easier to see in person - I just couldn't get it to show up in the picture very well).

We went to our childbirth class on Saturday. I didn't really learn much that I didn't already know about. I did decide that there should be some way to just skip the whole birthing process, lol! I have always been leery of epidurals (you know the whole needle being inserted into your back thing) and I'm even more leery of it now after seeing it! It just looks painful! I'm not sure which would be worse - the labor pains or the epidural, lol! I know each person/labor is different, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things go for me. My doctor's procedure is that you sign up for the epidural, even if you don't plan to use it.

I'm not sure how much Wyatt already knew or what he learned from the class & videos we watched, other than the few comments he made about how nasty the placenta was. As our teacher (I guess she'd be called that) said, there were a few kooky parts in the videos. One of which was showing the placenta to the mom & dad in a little container after they had the baby. She assured us that that wouldn't really happen, hahaha. We got a few freebies - small bag with some formula and a gift bag with more formula & coupons- at the very end of the class. Then we all left and went to the hospital for the tour. They are currently remodeling and we found out most of us in the class will get to be in the newly remodeled rooms when we have our babies. We only got to see the 'old' rooms (which were pretty small) and there were only 2 babies in the nursery. She said most people try to go home before the weekend so that's why there weren't very many there.

After we left the hospital, we headed to Babies R Us to register. We were in there for a looooong time! Not only is it a big store, but both of us are fairly indecisive (especially on stuff we don't really know much about)! On the few items we weren't sure about or just couldn't decide, we scanned both items and said we'd let whoever buys the item make the decision, lol! We haven't put a baby monitor on the registry yet because Wyatt wanted to do some research to see which brand & what kind is best. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

At that point we were both starving and pretty close to exhausted. We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and then decided to go ahead & register at Target while we were out. Luckily, Target's baby department is a lot smaller than Babies R Us because I don't think either of us had enough energy to do that again! We finally got home a little after 7:30 and were both just completely exhausted! We seriously considered going to bed right then, lol. It was fun to look at all the baby stuff and we are glad we got the registering done - one more thing to mark off the list!

Here's my mid-week pic: 29 1/2 weeks:

Sunday afternoon I had planned to do a few little things and mostly take it easy and relax. Did that happen? Nope! I wound up helping Wyatt go through all his clothes, getting them organized into seasons and the winter ones packed up into bins to put in the attic. There were also some bins of my clothes that needed to be put in the attic. While he finished up, I went on our weekly grocery shopping trip. I was pretty proud of myself that I was in and out of Walmart in 1 hour! That is pretty good for me! By the time I got home, it was time to eat and head back to church. Just like that, our weekend was over.

Sorry this has been such a long post - but I had lots to update :) For those of you that made it to the end, thanks for sticking with me! I hope everyone has a great last 2 days of the workweek!

No comments: