Wednesday, May 11, 2011

29 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 29 weeks
Size of Baby W: Butternut Squash (about 15.25 inches & 2.5 lbs)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Not sure my pants will fasten anymore, but I have started wearing shorts due to the warmer temps & those are maternity - so I guess I've officially started wearing some maternity clothes
Gender: BOY!!! Wyndon James Wagner
Movement: He's been pretty active off & on all day, but most active in the evenings & I can feel more of his movements, rather than just kicking
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: Any french fries (still mostly McDonald's) & brownies
Wyatt's Cravings: None
Symptoms: Leg cramps at night; having to go to the bathroom more often; more difficulty sleeping/getting comfortable; and getting out of breath easier
Best Moment This Week: Sitting on the couch with Wyatt Monday night just watching my belly move for quite a while

I can definitely tell I am lugging around more weight and my belly is starting to interfere with every day tasks -like putting socks on or tying my shoes. I also notice I get winded a lot easier than I used to. Sometimes I'll just be talking and have to stop to take an extra breath. I have also been having more trouble getting comfortable at night. Pre-pregnancy I was completely a belly/tummy sleeper, so having to sleep on my side has been a HUGE adjustment. Monday night was probably one of the worst night's sleep I've had. I couldn't get comfortable, but when I would enough to fall asleep, I'd wake up sore a little later. I woke up around 2 am and had to go to the bathroom. My whole right side (shoulder, neck, and back) were sore. I decided to get up and get a drink & try to work some of the kinks out. I wound up being up for about 30 min and then headed back to bed. I also had super crazy dreams ALL night. Apparently I was in the middle of one when I started digging my fingernails into Wyatt's chest. That caused him to jump/wake up which caused me to jump/wake up. He said I was trying to attack him, lol! I told him sorry I must've been having another crazy dream. Don't worry, I didn't leave any marks ;)

This past Friday night and Saturday morning we had a marriage conference at our church. The man who spoke was really awesome. Wyatt and I had such a good time! We went with a few other couples to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt afterward on Friday night and didn't get home until midnight! That is really late for us! We've definitely turned into an old married couple with how early we go to bed (mostly due to how early Wyatt has to go to work), but the fellowship was a lot of fun.

Saturday afternoon we worked on getting some things cleaned up/out and organized. I worked in our guest bedroom - putting a lot of stuff away that had collected on the bed and cleaning stuff out from under the bed (one of my storage places for craft stuff) in preparation to turn it the other way to make room for our huge chair. Meanwhile, Wyatt worked on the storage building so we'd have room to put some of the stuff from the garage out there. He planned to also mow the yard and install a piece on his car, however it got dark before he got to those. So he had to do that Sunday afternoon, which meant I made the grocery shopping trip by myself. There were a few things I had to wait on him to call me back about so I wound up walking across the store a couple of times. By the time I got to my car, I was pooped! That's when I could really tell how big of a difference 13-14 extra pounds can make!

We are hopefully going to get started 'painting' the nursery by this weekend. We just have to find someone to help Wyatt move the chair and he's going to take down the desk & we'll be good to go. I can't wait to see how everything will look together!

This Saturday we have our childbirth class - that should be interesting. At the end, we get to tour the hospital, so I'm pretty excited about that. Then, we're planning to go get registered afterwards - any tips/suggestions are appreciated ;) So it's going to be another busy weekend. 

Here's my mid-week/mother's day pic:

Hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments: