Monday, April 11, 2011

24 Weeks & 50th Birthday

* Edited - Ok, so I'm a goofball.... I just realized I posted the same pictures from last week, oops! So, I'll post the correct 24 week pictures :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 weeks
Size of Baby W: Length of an ear of corn
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Not yet (had to wear my loosest jeans)
Gender: BOY!!! Wyndon James Wagner
Movement: He's been pretty active off & on all day - but especially during church
What I Miss: Sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: Chicken Strips from Buffalo Wild Wings
Wyatt's Cravings: None
Symptoms: Leg cramps at night
Best Moment This Week: Sitting with Wyatt on the couch watching & feeling my belly move

We had a pretty busy week last week, which is why I'm just now getting this post up. There isn't much to report on for the '24 week' post... Not much changed from the week before. I have a definite 'baby bump' now that is very distinct in anything I wear. I look in the mirror and can't believe how big it's getting! I still sometimes stop and think to myself, "I'm really pregnant; we're really going to have a baby!" Lol! I thought for sure it would feel so real once I started showing, but I do sometimes still catch myself thinking that.

The main reason the end of last week was so busy was because we went to AR to surprise my mother for her 50th birthday. Those of you that know her, know how hard it to to get anything past her! My sister, father, & I had been working out all the details for our visit for a few weeks. It was really hard to not say anything, especially when she kept asking in different ways (some of which were very indirect)! She even tried to get my dad to tell her. Wyatt & I got to AR in time to meet mom & dad for dinner Friday night at her favorite restaurant - Olive Garden. We had a very delicious dinner, but sadly didn't think to take any pictures. Then we headed home to wait for Mark ,Cari, & Calloway to get there. Once they got there, we visited for a little while and then we all decided to go to bed 'cause we were all pooped!

Dad kept telling mom that she had a big day on Saturday (her birthday) and that she needed her rest. Cari & I, with the help of our Aunt Susan & Brenda, had been planning a little surprise party for her. We took her out to lunch on Saturday at Red Lobster and then went to Susan's house. The members of our family that could make it were there, as well as a few of mom's closest friends. She pretty much knew something was up the whole time, but just didn't know when or where it'd be. We played a few games, mom opened a few over-the-hill gifts/cards, and we had some refreshments (fruit, vegetables & cupcakes). We had a lot of fun trying to surprise her and were so happy we could spend such a milestone birthday with her. It was great to see & spend time with my family, even if it was a short visit. Here are a few pics before we went to lunch on Saturday:



Monna~ I hope you had a wonderful birthday! You are the best mom anyone could ask for and I am so thankful God made me your daughter! I really appreciate all you do for me/us (especially the decision-making-over-the-phone assistance ;)). It is so comforting to know that you are always there to guide, assist, & share your wisdom with me. I love you so much!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Our's was really good, but seemed really short! We have our next appointment on Wednesday & I can't wait to hear our little man's heartbeat again! Be sure to check back (hopefully Wednesday) for the next post, which will have a sneak peak at our bedding fabric ;) 

1 comment:

Kendra said...

What a fun suprise! Happy Birthday Mrs. Sargent :)

Libby - I love reading your baby updates!