Thursday, August 18, 2011

40/1, 2, & 3 Weeks

Ok, I am so far behind I am going to combine the weekly posts into one so I can hopefully get caught up.

First, here's my 40 week photo:
I thought it'd be fun to take one last picture in the blue tank to serve as kind of an 'ending' to the weekly pictures. It and my jeans were definitely a lot looser than the last time I had them on, lol!  :)

Now, onto the little guy. I plan to do a weekly picture for the first 4 weeks and then I'll do monthly ones.

1 Week:

We spent most of the first week in the hospital (he was born on Thursday, July 21st and we didn't go home until Monday, July 25th). He lost almost a pound during our hospital stay, so when we got to go home he was down to 7lbs 7oz. The pediatrician wanted us to come by for a weight check 2 days later on Wednesday. He was already up to 7lbs 14 oz, so they weren't worried about if he was getting enough to eat, lol!

The first few nights were really tough. I was exhausted still from the c-section, and I was also the only one who could feed him. My mom stayed the first night we were home and I knew she needed to get her rest, so I was also trying to keep Wyndon as quiet as possible so he didn't disturb her or Wyatt too much. I just remember being so tired/exhausted/drained that I'd fall asleep crying (I wasn't sad or upset or anything, that's just the way I release it, I guess).  After a couple of days and nights, I kinda started figuring out his mannerisms and could soothe him better. He was on a pretty good eating schedule - eating every 3 hours. It takes him about an hour to eat (including diaper change, burping, and of course some falling asleep). So, I was getting 2 hours of sleep or less each stretch. Even though that first week was really tough, it was worth it. I am SO in love with our little guy!

2 Weeks: 

The second week went a little better than the first, but I was still feeling pretty sleep deprived. I borrowed a pump from my aunt, but we were waiting on the new tubing to come in, so we bought a little manual pump. It took FOREVER to get about 1.5 ounces! I remember one night Wyatt let me sleep & he fed Wyndon that little bit that I pumped. I felt soooo much better after that little extra sleep! But I definitely needed to feed Wyndon or pump when I woke up, lol! I wanted to see how much he weighed, so I weighed myself and then weighed again holding Wyndon. He was up to 8.8lbs! I felt like I was starting to kinda get the hang of this whole 'mom' stuff, but still have a lot to figure out. All I know is that I love this little guy more and more each day! I look at him and can't believe he is mine or that I am a mom! It seems so weird to me to have a little guy that is completely dependant on me. I remember dreaming about being a mom when I was a little girl and what I thought it'd be like. Although it is tough at times and I am so tired all the time, it is soooo worth it. I love being a mom!

3 Weeks:
And here are a few more (just cause he's so cute!)
I can't believe Wyndon is already 3 weeks! I feel like I'm getting to know him a lot better and have a better idea of what is wrong when he starts crying. There are still times that I have no idea what is wrong with him and I'm pretty sure I'll never always know just what he is wanting/needing. He had his first doctor's appointment on Thursday, August 11th. His weight was 9lbs 2.5oz. and his length was 21 inches. The doctor said most babies gain about an ounce a day, so he actually gained more than that! He is definitely good at eating! During the day, he eats about every 3 hours (sometimes he is ready to eat after about 2-2 1/2 hours). At night, he'll usually go 4 hours after his last evening feeding and then 3 hours. A couple of nights, he went 4 hours between both feedings, so I actually got 2 stretches of 3 hours of sleep. It's amazing how much better that 1 extra hour made me feel! Hopefully he'll start doing that more often, lol! If anyone has any recommendations on how to get him to sleep longer at night, I'd be glad to hear them. I did read Babywise, but I need to reread it. I know that I'm going to be going back to work in a couple of weeks, and I definitely need to be able to get more sleep.

There were a couple of 'firsts' for Wyndon this week. He had his first visit to Arkansas. We went over on Friday night and he had his first backseat feeding, lol! It took us a little longer than planned to get gone after I fed him, so he was hungry by the time we got into the edge of Tontitown. So, we pulled over at a gas station and I climbed in the backseat. I fed him about half of what I normally would and then continued on to my parents house. This picture is 4 generations:
My dad, me, my grandmother, and Wyndon
Saturday morning we went and had some newborn pictures taken. They turned out sooo good! Here are a few of my favorites:






Thanks Becke', we LOVE them!

We came back home Saturday night to no electricity. We were locked out of our house and were fortunate enough to be able to go stay with a couple from church. Then, Wyndon went to church for the first time on Sunday, August 7th. We planned to go to Sunday School and church, but we didn't make it on time for Sunday School. Note to self: it takes A LOT longer to get around with a baby, lol! I've managed to shorten my getting ready process, but now I've got another person to get ready.

As for me, I'm doing pretty good. My outer incision is healing nicely and doesn't really hurt, but my inner incisions are still pretty sore and I can tell when I've 'overdone it'. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight at about 2 1/2 weeks! I am still a slightly different shape though, lol. Each week, I've had a little more energy and felt like doing a little more (along with figuring out how to do stuff while taking care of Wyndon). It's sad that I only have 2 weeks left before I have to go back to work :( We had someone lined up to take care of Wyndon during the day, but her & her husband have been chosen to adopt a baby. We are so happy and excited for them! So, she will watch him for September, but we'll need to find someone starting in October. If anyone knows of anyone, please let us know and pray with us that we can find someone so we don't have to go the daycare route.

Hopefully, I can stay on top of things a little better and it won't be so long until my next post. Sorry this one was so long... I hope everyone has a great rest of the week (tomorrow is Friday, yay!) and weekend!

1 comment:

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

Beautiful pictures. :o)

Love them all.

♥Jazmin