Monday, November 7, 2011

Trying to Catch Up : 1, 2, & 3 months

I am soooo far behind it's not even funny! I honestly don't know how people work, be a mom/dad, keep the house in order & cleaned up (yep, very behind on that too, lol!), AND blog on a somewhat frequent basis, let alone add in any time for hobbies! If anyone has a good way to fit all this in, PLEASE let me know! I come home with every intention of being 'productive' and somehow only manage to feed the little guy once or twice, spend a little time with Wyatt, and then it's time for bed. I haven't even gotten to read any of the blogs I follow since I started back to work in the middle of September. The only way I stay caught up on my email and facebook is the time I spend feeding Wyndon - not really much else I can do, lol! So, this post is probably going to be a little long, but I'll try to only hit the highlights :)


1 Month:

Sleeping was going a lot better - he was mostly waking up once a night. He did tease me with a few nights where he slept through the night right around this time. I think he was somewhere around 9 1/2 pounds since he was gaining about half a pound a week. I did manage to reread Babywise and really started following it and that is when he started waking up only one time at night. I can't believe how much bigger he already is from his 1, 2, & 3 week pictures!

We went to Arkansas for Labor Day and the rest of my family got to meet him. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Nonna's boy

 Our little family :)
Four Generations

Cousins
 Uncle Mark & Aunt Cherrie


2 Months:

It seems like he grew quite a bit from 1 to 2 months. We went in for his two month checkup and to get shots. He weighed in at just under 13 pounds (12 lbs 15 oz) (75%) and was 23" long (50%). He was mostly wearing 0-3 month clothes and could still fit into a few newborn outfits. Size 1 diapers were a little too small (lots of blowouts, lol) but size 2's were a little big. I found a few boxes of the pampers prints on sale and they worked perfectly because they were size 1-2. He was eating 6 times a day. At about 5 1/2 weeks, he started sleeping through the night (yay!). Then around 7 weeks he started and has continued the longer stretches at night - like 10+ hours! I am so thankful for such an awesome little guy and that someone had the wisdom to write the Babywise book because it has helped tremendously! It is obvious how putting him on a schedule has allowed us to train him to sleep through the night, and I think made him happier and more secure.

Right at 2 months is when I had to go back to work :(  I was so sad to have to leave him and be gone from him all day since I was pretty much around him 24/7 from the beginning. It really helped knowing he was staying with a really sweet lady from church (a HUGE answer to prayer), but still hard. I know I would completely LOVE being a stay at home mom, but it isn't feasible right now - if only we had one of those money trees..... lol! The transition wasn't as hard as I thought it might be, but I am so ready to hug, squeeze, & kiss my little guy at the end of the day! My first two weeks back were kind of light - I only had to work 4 days, so that made the transition a little easier. It was nice to get back up in the air and fly again. I did miss that part. I flew the Saturday right before I had him so it had been right at 2 months.  I can't wait to take Wyndon flying for his first time! I hope he loves it as much as his daddy & mommy do!

 3 Months:

Once again, it seems like he's grown alot! According to our scale, he weighs 15.2 pounds - that's just over 2 pounds in a month!!! He's mostly wearing 3 month clothes, some 3-6 month (depending on the brand) and size 2 diapers. He is still a really good sleeper and usually eats 5 times a day. He is holding his head up on his own and we've started putting him in the bumbo seat. He did NOT like it at first, but I think he's getting used to it now. He is a very happy baby (except for when it's time to eat or when he's sleepy) and has the sweetest smile! A lot of mornings he'll 'flirt' with me when I'm feeding him, lol! I think he likes having his picture taken because he's usually a little ham when I take his picture (that or he's laughing at his silly momma!). He has also gotten a lot more active with his arms and legs over the past month and really started baby talking the past couple of weeks. I can't wait to see what his little personality is going to be!

Wyndon has had a few more 'firsts' this month. He went to Texas for his first time and finally got to met Grandpa Rick (Oct. 14, 2011)! On our way down Friday evening, I was sitting in the back feeding Wyndon a bottle when he had his first carseat blowout. Luckily there was a Sonic at the next light, so we pulled in and commenced with the cleanup. When I took him out of his carseat, it got on me and of course the dogs were trying to see what was going on so it was a little crazy for a few minutes. We finally managed to get him, his carseat, and me cleaned up! Then we were back on our way. We got to Wyatt's grandmother's house shortly after 10, so I fed Wyndon again and then had Wyatt watch him/get him ready for bed while I got myself ready for bed. I captured this little video of Wyndon 'talking' to Wyatt. This was the first time that he really 'carried on a conversation'!



The other 'first' was going to a pumkin patch (Oct 16, 2011). It was pretty hot and Wyndon was sleepy, so we didn't stay very long. We did get some cute pictures though:


I can't believe our little guy is already 3 months old! We can't wait to see him grow and watch him learn new things!

No comments: