Wednesday, February 16, 2011

17 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of Baby W: Onion or Turnip
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 3 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Gender: Can't wait to find out! (in 2 weeks!!!)
Movement: Might have felt something yesterday
What I Miss: Having plenty of energy to get through the day
Cravings: Pizza and Salad
Wyatt's Cravings: None this week
Symptoms: Some headaches and being hungry all the time
Best Moment This Week: Getting to hear the heartbeat today and finding out we only have TWO more weeks until we can find out whether it's a boy or girl!

We had our monthly appointment today and it was great to hear the heartbeat again! This time Wyatt was able to work his phone properly so we have a little recording of it. We also got to schedule our ultrasound to determine the gender (technically they are looking at developmental stuff like the heart, brain, etc.) for March 1!!! I CANNOT wait to find out! Just say a prayer that little miss or mister will behave and show us the necessary area, lol! My doctor also told me it's time to start wearing maternity pants since belts and zippers are too confining, but I'm not sure I can wear maternity pants yet. I am starting to get a little bump but I really don't think it is big enough to hold anything up yet, lol!
 
So, everyone's heard the old wives tale that you can determine the gender of your baby by the heart rate, right? Well today our baby's heart rate was lower than before; it was in the 140s & 150s instead the 160s. I asked my doctor about it and she said that as the baby grows, it's heartbeat will slow down. She used the comparison of a mouse's really fast heartbeat ('cause they're so small) to an elephant's slow heartbeat ('cause they're huge). I thought that was pretty interesting and I had never thought of it that way before.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: