Thursday, March 17, 2011

21 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of Baby W: Banana
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Not yet (but my jeans were awfully tight!)
Gender: BOY!!! Wyndon James Wagner
Movement: He's been pretty active off & on all day
What I Miss: Being able to do everything I need to do (without having to take breaks)
Cravings: Pizza, Hamburgers & Salad
Wyatt's Cravings: None this week
Symptoms: Some headaches and being hungry all the time
Best Moment This Week: Hearing his heartbeat again at our appointment yesterday and feeling him move more frequently

We had our monthly appointment yesterday. We had just gotten in the room and my weight & blood pressure taken when we were told my doctor had to run (literally) to the hospital. They said we could wait or reschedule. We decided we'd just try to reschedule, but when we got up to the desk they said she called and said it should only be about 30 min. We decided to wait. It was a little longer than 30 min, but she came back and had delivered a healthy 8lb 12oz baby boy! We got to hear the heartbeat again and she said he sounded perfect. I have 2 more monthly appointments and then we go to every 2 weeks. I can't believe we're almost to that point!

I've decided to do the rest of my weekly bump pictures in the blue tank and to take mid-week pictures in other outfits. I decided to do just one color of tank because they all fit differently and I thought it'd be easier to compare week to week if I was in the same one/color.

There's not really much else going on. My pregnancy is definitely feeling more 'real' with all of Wyndon's little movements! Sometimes I am surprised at how much he's moving and how strong the movements are. It is also weird to see myself looking so much different in the mid section than what I've always been used to and to see the number going up on the scale. I know I'm supposed to be 'bigger', but it still takes some getting used to- especially since I've been the same size for at least the past 10 years! I'm not complaining or down about it because I know it is all part of the miracle of life and the beginning of the next exciting chapter of our lives. 

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! I can't wait for the weekend, even though it's time to tackle the house cleaning again. I am also going to try to go through all of my clothes and pack up what I know I won't be able to wear to make room for my new-to-me maternity wardrobe. Needless to say, it's shaping up to be a busy one, but there's just something about weekends that I look forward to. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend! 

No comments: