Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post... Sorry. Actually, there hasn't been much going on to post about, so you really aren't missing anything.! We've just been busy with work. Spartan actually closed completely Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so I got a whole 3 day weekend!!! Usually, they will allow us to fly everyday except the actual holiday. So, I wind up working the days they are open. This was the first 3 day weekend I've had in a LOOOONG time! I can't remember when my last one was. Needless to say, it was long overdue and I'm definitly looking forward to the next one!

Friday morning I got the bright idea to paint my nails red, white, & blue. Well, actually the idea came a couple of days before, but I didn't have time to do it until Friday morning. I used to paint my nails all the time, but my job isn't the most nail-friendly job. So usually I just keep a clear coat on them. Here's a picture of my patriotic creation:
I thought they turned out pretty cute. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but that my be partially due to my perfectionism (not sure that's even a word!!).

Friday evening, Stephanie, Josh, Wyatt, and I went over to Brandon & Miranda's house for dinner and just to hang out. It was so great to see my best friends again. I definitly miss spending time with them. We had a wonderful meal of tenderloin, corn-on-the-cob, squash, and chips & dip. Then, we had cupcakes, brownies, and ice cream for dessert. We brought a watermelon, but never cut into it (kind of forgot about it in the freezer!!). As the sun was setting, we went out back to enjoy the cool evening. Several of their neighbors started shooting off fireworks. So, we enjoyed the free show, but the company even more (at least I did!). Here are a few pictures we took:I wanted to get one of all of us, but I forgot... I had so much fun seeing my friends again!!! I miss ya girlies!!! Can't wait for next time! Love ya!

No comments: