Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not Much Happening

Well, it's been a week since I've posted, but there really hasn't been too much exciting happening in our lives. Most of you may not know Wyatt had shoulder surgery on the 24th of September. About 5 years ago, he dislocated it and has had trouble with it coming out since. For example, one night he woke up and was in a lot of pain. Apparantly, he had slept on it wrong and that caused his shoulder to come out of socket. He had to slowly work it back in but it took him awhile. So, he decided to go ahead and have them tighten the ligaments and get it fixed before it comes out while he's flying or something. Well, his first day back to work was Tuesday. He got pretty spoilt to being lazy and watching movies all day. Needless to say, I was a little jealous - not of the one armedness, but the being lazy! It was kind of funny... the day after his surgery, he got up and started cooking french toast 'cause it sounded really good. I told him maybe he shouldn've had surgery a long time ago if it meant him cooking breakfast! Really though, he is doing well. He still has to wear the sling when he's out and about, but can leave it off while he's at home and has very limited movements of his arm. There's one guy at church who made up a couple of stories to explain the sling. His favorite is that while we were on our honeymoon, a shark bit off Wyatt's arm. The shark had to be gutted to retreive his arm and then have it reattached while we were in Mexico so it would be cheap! It's not very believable, but it's pretty funny.


Like I said, there hasn't been a lot going on. We've both just been working and trying to get the house organized. Since I've lived in the house by myself for so long, I've pretty much taken over all the closets and have more stuff than I remember ever getting. Of course, I have to thank my mom for some of it!!! In my defense, the house was built in the 50's, so the closets are, what's the word... TINY! Now that Wyatt needs room for his stuff, we're trying to figure out how to organize everything so we can both have what we need. I've joked about just turning the guest bedroom into a huge closet, but he didn't think that would be a good idea. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. We both need to go through all of our stuff and get rid of a lot, so that'll help too. Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Boop said...

I'm glad Wyatt is doing well. As for the closet space-NO you can't turn the guest bedroom into a closet, where would I sleep when I come to visit! How about the garage..!! And your welcome for the stuff!!!LOL

Jessica said...

Hello there!!! : )
So glad to see you in the bloggy world!